Call for Workshop Proposals
The 2018 ACM Innovations in Software Engineering (ISEC 2018) will be held at IIIT Hyderabad 9-11 February 2018. Located in the IIIT Hyderabad campus, ISEC 2017 will exhibit an exciting technical program highlighting recent progress in all major areas of Software Engineering. ISEC 2018 will also feature high-quality Tutorials and Workshops, Industry Panels and Exhibitions, as well as Keynotes from prominent research and industry leaders. As part of the conference, we solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops.
Organization and Submission Procedure
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics of particular interest to the conference attendees not specifically covered in the main conference. Each workshop may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussions.
Proposal submissions should be sent to the Workshops Chairs by email as a PDF file attachment with the subject of ISEC 2018 Workshop Proposal.
Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research. All accepted workshops should implement peer-reviews of accepted papers. Papers will be published in CEUR and the paper publication process will be co-ordinated by the ISEC 2018 publication chair.
|Proposal Deadline||Oct 15, 2017|
|Notification of Acceptance||Nov 5, 2017|
|Workshop Date||Feb 9, 2018|
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to academic best-practices
- Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged and will be given particular consideration.
- Draft Call for Papers
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.