Call for Paper (Industry Track)
The objective of the ISEC Industry Track program is to establish an efficient dialogue between software engineering researchers and practitioners involved in the betterment of all aspects of software engineering including methods, processes, tools, and people. Of particular interest are innovations in applying advancement in software engineering practices across software lifecycle phases, industry verticals, and software types. The Industry track aims to bring together industrial and research professionals of software engineering, who are eager to share and brainstorm novel ideas and advancements of common interest. This half day session will be composed of invited speeches, paper presentations and discussions.
We are seeking following types of submissions:
1. Papers (Experience Based Reports and Case Study): each paper should address the application of software engineering practices (which may include work on principles, techniques, tools, methods, processes) to a specific business domain or to the development of a substantial software platform/system. Each paper should describe the context of a problem of practical importance and provide plausible solutions. The innovativeness of the solution, the methodology and overall assessment of benefits, risks and other lessons learned need to be addressed. We invite both short papers (limited to 4 pages) and full papers (minimum 7 to maximum 10 pages).
2. Posters: Poster submissions should describe recently completed work, highly relevant results of work in progress, or successful systems and applications. Poster presentations are intended to enhance informal interactions with the conference participants, at the same time allowing for in-depth discussion. Posters do not need to show final research results in detail. Work that might lead to new interesting developments is welcome.
3. Talk Proposals: This type of submission is only open to practitioners. We solicit talks on topics that are relevant and of interest to both industrial and academic attendees. Examples of talks include, but are not limited to: software development in start-ups, post mortem of software projects, forgotten research topics that are still relevant to industry, new challenges in software engineering because of growth of technologies such as “Cloud Computing”, “Internet of Things”, “Machine Learning”, “Big Data” etc. that need help from research.
Submission Details for the Industry Track
Submissions must adhere to the ISEC 2018 submission and formatting instructions. At least one author on the submissions needs to be from industry.
1. Papers: Paper submissions must be original (not published or under review elsewhere), include the title of the submission, the name and affiliation of each author, and up to 150-words abstract. These papers should not exceed 4 pages (for short papers) and 7-10 pages for a full paper (including figures, appendix etc. and 1 page for references) in standard ACM format.
2. Posters: The submission must be in the form of a two-page short paper describing problem(s), proposed approach(es) to solve the problem(s) and results, if any. Authors of accepted posters need to prepare posters for displaying at the conference. Final posters should be in portrait format with approximately A0 size dimensions.
3. Talk Proposals: Talk proposals will be reviewed in two phases. For the first phase, the proposal should include a title, "talk description", which describes what the talk will be about, highlighting its key points and the reasons why it is interesting to ISEC attendees (500 words). Submissions should include a speaker biography and history, and can include supporting materials such as white papers or videos. Each accepted talk will be offered one page for an "Extended Abstract" in the ISEC proceedings.
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isec2018 (Select "Industry Track" option)
|Abstracts Due||Sep 10, 2017|
|Full Papers Submission||Sep 17, 2017|
|Notification of Acceptance||Nov 10, 2017|
|Posters Due||Nov 20, 2017|
|Notification of Poster Acceptance||Dec 01, 2017|
|Camera Ready Copy Due||Dec 24, 2017|
Download Call for Paper : pdf