5th Software Engineering EDucation Workshop
THEMESoftware Engineering Education amid a global pandemic - How can software engineering teaching meet the challenge of the sudden shift to online education triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic?
5th Software Engineering EDucation Workshop (SEED-2022) aims to provide a unique forum to bring together researchers, educators, students, and practitioners to report on their experiences and their ongoing efforts in meeting the recent demands of remote teaching and learning in Software Engineering.
It brings together experienced as well as novice software engineering educators, and industry practitioners to a common platform to discuss how to train software engineers in the uncertain situations COVID-19 has created for us. Strategies for project-based learning, hybrid learning, blended learning, use of tools in teaching and learning are specifically targeted in this workshop. Further, it aims to provide a unique opportunity to SE educators and practitioners to come together and build collaborations for SE education research and practice.
TOPIC OF INTEREST
The workshop welcomes contributions on the topics mentioned below but is also open to new questions regarding program equivalence. This includes related research areas of relational reasoning like program refinement or the verification of hyperproperties, in particular of secure information flow.
- Practices and Case studies of making a transition to SE remote learning
- Strategies for curriculum and assessment design in the evolving SE
- Assessment methods in software engineering
- Resources, Technologies, and tools that support software engineering education
- Educational research on software engineering
- Essential skills for software engineers in view of emerging technology trends e.g. Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality, Robotics
- Continuing education and on-the-job training of software engineers
- Experiences outside the classroom concerning Software Engineering Education