Doctoral Symposium Track
Call For Papers
ISEC 2022 will host a Doctoral Symposium for PhD research scholars in all areas of software engineering. The Symposium aims to provide a friendly atmosphere for research scholars to discuss their work and interact with peers and other researchers in the area of software engineering. They can also obtain detailed and constructive feedback on their research problems and progress of work. The symposium also acts as a forum to discuss various aspects in the journey of completing a PhD, discuss career opportunities and aims to create a community of young scholars for further collaborative research.
Who can submit?
The PhD symposium is targeted at PhD students in software engineering who are currently in between the preliminary and penultimate stage of their PhD. A student is at the preliminary stage, when the student has at least identified a research topic, and ideally a problem. A student is at the penultimate stage when that student has almost completed all the research work and is ready to write the dissertation.
The submission process involves two steps:
- Part I - Research Proposal: A single-authored paper by the PhD student describing the research overview
within 4 pages (including references) and covering the below aspects:
- Research Problem and Motivation- Why is the problem relevant, interesting, useful to solve and nontrivial?
- Related Work- What are the existing approaches? and why are they not enough?
- Proposed Approach and Contributions- What is the proposed approach? How is it novel and sound?
- Evaluation and Results- How will evaluate the proposed solution and validate the claimed contributions? If no results are as yet available, what is the roadmap of the work, methodology and evaluation?
- A timeline to complete the thesis work, and planned submissions to the research community
- Part II - Letter of Support: A letter from the thesis supervisor, including the name of the student, the topic the student is working on, start date, current stage and expected timeline for completion of PhD. The letter should be directly sent by the advisor to the ISEC 2022 PhD Symposium Chair, Sridhar Chimalakonda and Maria Kechagia with the subject: "ISEC 2022 Doctoral Symposium Support Letter for [student name]”.
Must follow ACM Master Article Template ACM Master Article Template and within 4 pages including references.
Selected papers will be published as part of the conference proceedings and will be made available through the ACM Digital Library.
Important Dates AoE (UTC-12h)
- Letter from PhD supervisor:
22 October 2021
- Submission of paper by PhD student:
22 October 2021
- Notification of acceptance or rejection:
03 December 2021
- Camera Ready copy due:
26 December 2021
Easychair Submission Link
Papers must be submitted electronically through the
Easychair submission site
(Select Doctoral Symposium ISEC2022 track).