Student Travel Grants
The purpose of the ISEC 2015 student travel grant program is to encourage graduate student participation at the conference by funding the travel cost for students who would otherwise be unable to attend.
Deadline: 20th January, 2015
Notification: 1st February, 2015
We are still accepting applications for ISEC 2015 student travel grants until 10th February.
Please submit the following required materials to Ashish Sureka [email@example.com]
- A resume with complete contact information and correct email address.
- A short personal statement (1 or 2 paragraphs, no more than 1 page) that include information that the applicant feels is relevant to support his/her case:
- Why the conference attendance is important to the applicant's research and career development.
- It *must* include the estimated expenses for attending the conference (total, and breakdown by conference registration, travel, lodging, and meals).
- If you will be unable to attend ISEC 2015 without a travel grant, please explain why this is the case.
- A letter from your advisor (or a faculty contact if you do not have an advisor), which should:
This letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org if your advisor/contact prefers.
- Confirm the applicant's good standing in the institution;
- Explain why the applicant would benefit from attending ISEC as well as how he/she could contribute to the conference;
- Explain the current funding status and why the applicant is in need of the travel grant.
Selection Criteria and Amount
The decision will be made by the student travel grant committee based on several factors such as the adviser’s letter, justification, student’s statement and value to the conference. The decision (accept/decline) and the grant amount (if accepted) will be communicated to the candidate by 1st February 2015.